Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2023

NCUIRE Event 4/20/23

 Hello everyone! In hope you week is going well.

I wished I was able to stay at the NCUIRE research symposium but I had a doctor appointment later. I was not able to network or talk to mentors. But I did get to see some of the presentations and it was so cool. I was really intrigued their research. 

I dislike how awkward networking can be, I feel like after talking it's like "what's next?". Do I have to continually talking to them? If I had any questions for the person I want to network with, I would forget it before asking them. 

I think some good strategies for networking is to first think of the reason you are wishing to network and find a person who would fulfill your goals. Also write down all the questions you have and ask the person. Also don't forget to advertise yourself if it's a position you're trying to aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment